This recipe is from Whole Foods: Welcome spring–or vegetarian guests–to your table with this delicious main-course recipe that is destined to become a favorite for family and feasts alike. For killer veggie burgers, serve any leftover slices on toasted gluten-free bread with lettuce and spicy mustard.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- Celtic Sea Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and/or 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme 10
- sundried tomatoes hydrated for 4 hours in filtered water, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (about 1 onion) chopped red onion
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan with oil; set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, put beans, oats and 1/2 cup water into a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, bean mixture, quinoa, peas, parsley, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan, gently pressing down and mounding it in the middle. Bake until firm and golden brown, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Per serving (about 6oz/172g-wt.): 170 calories (35 from fat), 4g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 28g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 8g protein