This recipe is adapted from Quinoa Bean Salad from Whole Foods, which was reprinted with permission from their health partner, Eat Right Across America. Recipe from Eat for Health by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
Serves 6 as a side, 4 as an entree.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15 ounce can white beans (Cannellini)
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped small dice
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 yellow pepper, diced
- 1.5 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 large and one small)
- 1 T chili powder (can add more if you want salad spicier)
- 2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or gluten-free low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Goji Berries (optional but worth it)
Cook quinoa according to package directions and let cool (pop in fridge for an hour or so pre-salad assembly). Can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept refrigerated.
Place all ingredients (except quinoa) in a large bowl and mix, add quinoa and toss.