My goal was 1:45:00 and I finished in 1:55:40. Not too bad, at least I was faster than last year. I got caught behind slow swimmers in the swim and that started things off badly.
- Swim .5 Miles (Last year 11:47) this year 13:06. Thanks to me not being at the front of the line at the start and getting caught treading water a few times. Lesson learned.
- T1 (Last year 5:43) this year 5:25 Improvement even with “the camera incident”
- Bike 14.7 Miles (last year 55:42) this year was 59:03. I guess all the spinning classes last year were paying off. Next year I have to find a way to bike more for the 5 months pre-race and get this time DOWN.
- T2 (Last year 4:02) this year 3:37 (I was able to run with the bike and out of transition more, big change here and I even changed SOCKS).
- Run 3.11 Miles (last year 41:22) this year 34:31. I ran much more this year, almost half. A bag side-stitch cramp really hurt my running ability from about half way through on, but I pushed and ran the whole last 1.11 miles.
Total Official Time (last year 1:58:34) this year 1:55:40 so it was 2 min and 56 seconds faster. Not what I wanted, but I will take it.
I am not as beat down and sore as last year. Tonight I am doing X-Stretch and really focusing on stretching things out well.
Here is how my eating played out.
Saturday AM I had to take my Jeep in for service. I had a pear for breakfast pre-appointment. I was at Jeep for 2 hours then went home and had some brown rice and beans and veggies with walnuts. I also had some blue corn tortilla chips with melted Daiya cheese (like nachos). I cleaned, did laundry, and took a nap. I went to the triathlon registration and went to the course talk then came home and got all the gear together, put numbers on bikes and helmets, etc, and got ready to go out for dinner.
I had one slice of regular bread and a little cheese with the appetizers for dinner, and then ate a big bowl of quinoa gluten-free pasta with tomatoes and my own Vegan Parma Parmesan cheese for dinner. Lots of water. I was STUFFED. We went home and hung out for a while before going to bed early.
Breakfast was Bob’s Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal and blueberries for breakfast at 5:00 then had a pear at 6:30 pre-race. I ate CHOMPS on the bike at about the 12-13 mile mark.
Post race I ate two bananas, a bunch of Luna Bar pieces and some quinoa and black bean salad from whole foods. I don’t know that it was enough protein, but I did what I could.
We got home from the tri around 11 AM, we cleaned up and went out for Mexican for lunch. I had a vegan burrito, rice, and beans, chips an guacamole. It was in a flour tortilla, so there was gluten, but lots of beans so good protein.
Last night I made home-made gluten-free, vegan pepperoni pizza and regular pepperoni pizza (gluten-free crust, though) for the husband and it was all good. Monday I am going to try to go all raw to detox a little from all the processed food I am not used to eating. I hope that goes well.
Accomplishment… but I need to train harder so next year I can break 1:45:00. I know I can do it.