Monday, April 26, 2010
Today’s Meal Plan:
- Breakfast: Bob’s Gluten Free Oatmeal with Pumpkin Puree swirled in (thanks Amanda!)
- Snack: Vegan Protein Shake with Maca and greens
- Lunch: Split Pea soup and salad
- Snack: celery and blueberries
- Dinner: “Addictive” Kidney Bean Curry with brown rice and green salad with onion, goji berries, and tomatoes
No nuts today
Mostly raw, I would say 60/40.
Slept ok, was up twice in the night. Sinuses were making themselves known in the night. Woke rested but still wanted to sleep in, so pushed the workout to tonight. Mondays are the hardest for me. I had a training at work so I wanted to be in early, which makes Mondays harder.
As the day went on I was increasingly tired and irritable. My sinuses seemed fine, but I started feeling run down. I went home and made the curry, which was outstanding, but after eating I felt even more run down (I was hoping I would have energy after eating). I went to bed, waiting 3 hours after eating, with every intention of getting up at 5 and working out.
While waiting to go to bed I read more of Alicia Silverstone’s book and it has given me a lot of questions for Melissa, particularly about the Superhero section and night shade vegetables.
I thought it was interesting, though, how she eats miso soup every day and how she says she finds it healing. Because of how I felt, I decided to incorporate that into meals for Tuesday.