Saturday, April 24, 2010
Today’s Meal Plan:
- Breakfast: Late (Slept in) GF Waffles with blueberries, kiwi, raw almond butter, and a little raw agave
- Snack: Celery and Almond Butter
- Lunch: Aztek Amaranth Salad and Detox Salad (Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, seeds) at Whole Foods
- Snack: 5 macadamia nuts and Two slices of gluten free whole grain bread with almond butter
- Dinner: Salad at an Irish Pub. I ordered it without cheese or croutons and brought my own dressing. I ordered a plain baked potato on the side and brought my own Earth Balance. I was SO GLAD I read the menu before we went so I could go prepared!!!
Mostly raw, I would say 60/40.
I slept in a little and woke up with a pounding sinus headache. Ahh, the rain. UGH! Runny, bloody nose, and runny ears. Does anyone else with sinus issues get RUNNY EARS? I skipped Yoga :(.
I was hungry when I woke up. Only ate two waffles this time instead of the three. I was still hungry before I left for acupuncture so I ate celery and almond butter and then went to my appointment. Miserable weather, dreary and raining. She got aggressive with my sinuses and the headache was gone by the end of the appointment. What a relief! I stopped and picked up a wooden salad bowl (I broke my big bowl this week and wanted something more biodegradable and less breakable) and salad forks, a garlic peeler, press, and a citrus reamer. Next stop, pet store for Noah’s food (it is on sale). Book store for Alicia Silverstone’s Book, The Kind Diet (which was on sale today) and then I was famished so I went to whole foods without a list and ate some salad before picking up some odds and ends that I hope make me able to cook for the week without too much additional shopping.
When I got home I needed to work out, so I did my Core Synergistics. Great workout. I am really able to crank the push-ups now, I am still on my knees for most of them, but I am close to coming off of them!
Dinner out was great! I was glad I planned ahead and worked my plan. Hubby got bread and onion rings, which both smelled great, but he skipped them, too, after trying them and said “they aren’t good enough to cheat”. Good boy! It wasn’t that hard for me to sit through seeing a lot of food that I no longer eat… my cravings have changed. My salad had a mix of greens including spinach, then chopped asparagus, tomato, avocado, red onion, and carrots. I took some miso-dressing from the kale salad recipe and it was great. I didn’t finish the potato, I was full, but I tried to eat as much skin as I could and leave the white so I got the nutrients.
Fell asleep on the couch after dinner, reading “The Kind Diet”. Love it.